Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Valleys, Mountain Tops, and a Prayer

Week 2.  While last week I was able to reflect with humor the frustrations of moving and trying to ease into a new environment, this week I just can't muster the same feelings.  I have to ask why it was that we did this.  I suppose part of it is that I have worked myself nearly into illness for four weeks packing, unpacking, running errands, and trying to make life work in general.  Honestly, much of my life the last few weeks has been spent in the valleys and not on any mountain top.  I feel fragile right now.  And drained.  Even angry at times. I've nearly reached my limit today.  I still haven't taken care of all the business I need to. No license, cars not registered, kids not enrolled in school.  All these things are linked and have to be done in a certain sequential order.  And we are still waiting for my husband's paycheck (from his former employer) that was supposedly mailed last Friday and awaiting answers as to why it has not shown up.  I have trust issues...is this merely a coincidence?

I don't mean to complain, and I am stopping myself from revealing the entire tragic list.


I desperately need of a few blessings and/or miracles. A dose of faith and ton of good fortune wouldn't hurt either.  And a million bucks, of course.  I realize I am not the only one, and some of you may be in similar need.  I will say a prayer of blessing for you, dear readers.  May I ask you to pray for me also? 


This is the benediction from church this past Sunday.  It is part of what I pray for you:

"Irish Blessing"
May the road rise to meet you
May the wind blow at your back
May the sun shine warmly on your face
May the rain fall softly on your field
And until we meet again, until we meet again
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment