Thursday, July 5, 2012

Habits and the Freedom to Choose Them

To say my world's been turned upside down is an understatement. With summer, packing, unpacking, and trying to get settled in a completely new place, I have fallen completely out of most routines I had established before.  In some respects, that's a good thing.  Yesterday it became clear to me that it was finally time to re-commit to some good habits, establish some new ones, and drop some old, bad ones.  (Why are the bad ones the hardest to get rid of, anyway?)  It's sometimes easy to forget that we have the freedom to choose or lose our habits among the other freedoms we have in this great nation.

I decided to go ahead and put these out here for all to see, mostly because if I let ya'll see them then I feel more apt to stick with them.  "They" say it takes six weeks to form a habit, so I better get started.

1)  Resume exercising and eating healthfully.  (Yeah, maybe that's two in some people's books, but I say they work in tandem.)
2)  Practice gratitude.
3)  Speak and act in a positive manner; put aside negativity.  Proceed confidently.
4)  Persevere.
5)  Aim high.  (Falcons, wasn't our high school motto: "To reach the heights, aim high"?)
6)  Date my husband and re-connect with him.  (This is not all personal, gushy, TMI stuff.  He has been travelling 4-5 days a week for the last seven years.  There's a lot you miss just raising kids.  The marriage experts say this should be a habit of every married couple.)

Since I am being positive and all that I won't go into the bad habits I have to drop.  Suffice it to say, there is nothing you need to worry about.  That would be a bad habit for you to fall into. ;)

What good things are you up to now?  Feel free to share your ideas for fun dates too!

Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment