Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Blog Post I've Been Waiting to Write

It's certainly been a while...  One of the last entries was about change, and I said I would be experiencing lots of change soon.  I find myself and my family in the midst of "soon'-- a whirlwind of change.

We are moving to sunny South Carolina in four--yes four--days!  If you knew me well in high school and beyond, you know that I have always said it is my dream to live in South Carolina.  After 30 years, I wasn't sure that I would ever get there.  Saying goodbye to life here is bittersweet.  Although we are sad to leave behind our friends, we are excited about new life in a new place.  We are so ready for this change.  (I will share the events leading up to this later.)

I sit here surrounded by boxes and piles and chaos.  These are things that I normally find stressful. But today, I have adopted a new perspective and find a certain comfort in the end this mess brings.  It's a good thing, because I am fairly certain that we will live in this jumbled state for about three more weeks.  The air is tinged with excitement, while my body is filled with physical and mental exhaustion.  I wonder how I will get it all done myself while my husband travels.  I will because God always gives me strength and the help of others to get the job done.  I have surprised myself by the lack of tears I have shed.  Maybe because I am so busy?  Maybe because, despite the bumps in the road and the unpredictable possibilities, I have never once questioned this decision.  This is the thing we are to do.

My schedule over the next few days may keep me from writing, but I will pick this blog-writing quest back up and with greater force once I have settled in.  This graceful path is leading me to South Carolina.  I hope you will follow me and my new adventures there!

3 comments:

  1. What part of South Carolina? We're in the upstate, near Greenville!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie- It's Camden, which is about 30 miles east of Columbia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We LOVE it down here... hope y'all do, too!

    ReplyDelete